Global Communications & Marketing Intern
11 septiembre, 2018
Title: Global Communications & Marketing Intern
Reporting To: Manager, Marketing/Communications
Location: New York City
Compensation: School Credit Only
Semester: All year-around opportunities
Pro Mujer is seeking an intern to work with the Communications team on various key projects. The role will mainly support the officer of Marketing/Communication in managing the organization’s various marketing and communication’s platforms. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with members of the Executive Team, the communications team and assist with the implementation of key initiatives and strategic analysis to further support the organization’s strategic vision. In return, Pro Mujer will provide the intern with excellent entry-level experience in marketing/communications/development, and gain a full understanding of working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- The role will offer exposure to a broad range of key activities including, but not limited to: Draft and edit content for Pro Mujer’s website, blog, email communications, and more;
- Curate and create content across social media channels;
- Monitor international and national news stories related to Pro Mujer and women’s empowerment;
- Design and optimize graphics materials for web and print, including social media and email banners;
- Produce, manage and develop blog content material, and update website under the supervision of the Manager of Communications;
- Assist in current initiatives to develop our internal and external communications efforts;
- Conduct research, and implements a content pipeline of current events to assist us in our social media platform updates.
- Maintain good record keeping and filing to ensure smooth transition following internship;
- Undergraduate or Graduate student interested in Communications, Journalism, international, marketing or a related field (Master’s preferred);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish;
- Graphic design skills and experience producing digital/print marketing materials;
- Strong research and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated experience with social media;
- Experience writing blog articles and social media posts;
- Comfortable assisting in a variety of projects at once, and have the ability to work on individual and team projects;
- Ready to learn, take guidance, support project development & administration, and manage deadlines;
- Creative, optimistic, eager to learn, can-do spirit;
- Passionate about women’s empowerment and Latin America;
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English.
Terms and Conditions:
- This is an unpaid Internship opportunity;
- School credit can be arranged with the candidate’s educational institution to support the fulfillment of academic credit and/or requirements;
- A minimum of 20 hours per week is required and must be committed to a full semester.
- Pro Mujer also offers the opportunity to arrange an all-year-round internship, if interested.
To apply, please submit to HR@promujer.org your resume and cover letter that outlines your interest in the internship, the semester(s) you are applying for, the subject line to read: Marketing/Communication, Internship.