Intern, Strategic Partnerships Alliances
11 septiembre, 2018
Title: Intern, Strategic Partnerships Alliances
Reporting To: Associate, Development
Location: New York City
Compensation: See Terms and Conditions
Semester: All-year-round Opportunity
Pro Mujer is seeking an intern to work with the Alliances team on various key projects. The intern will support the team and work on a wide range of activities such as database maintenance, research, writing, administrative and general support to build the organization’s donor portfolio and strategic partnerships and alliances. The intern will have direct exposure to the entire team, e.g. Chief Alliance Officer and Director, Relationship Management. In return, Pro Mujer will provide the intern the opportunity to gain excellent entry-level experience in the field of non-profit management, philanthropy, international development, and women’s issues.
- Conduct research on institutional investors (includes social lenders, VCs, Venture Philanthropists, Foundations, Development Banks, etc.) in the impact investing space to create an investor landscape analysis for PM’s short and long-term investment goals; as well as on prospective donors, markets and industries following specific research protocol;
- Preparing briefing documents and Salesforce records for each investor researched;
- Support the “Investor Roadshow” initiative planning efforts: includes research on PM’s market position against current competitors in Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru; supporting efforts to prepare slide deck presentations; helping to schedule calls and meetings and supporting logistics (as necessary);
- Research Latin –American economic trends in key countries and sectors; as well as start-up social enterprises and innovative nonprofit organizations and writing summaries with key findings focused on economic, social and environmental impact, profitability and potential scale;
- Attend meetings (in Spanish and/or English) with Alliance and Investor Relations team members, take meeting notes and upload important and relevant information into our donor’s database Salesforce;
- Identify potential memberships and help apply for new memberships that connect Pro Mujer to affluent influencers in the industry;
- Support the Strategic Alliances team on special projects, such as: grant proposals, reports writing, donor presentations, and database clean-up (Salesforce);
- Assist the Alliances staff in entering, maintaining, strengthening, and collating alliances, current donors and prospective donor’s data into the database (Salesforce);
- Maintain good record keeping and ensure a smooth transition following the internship.
- The candidate is an Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Business/Finance/Economics, and must have an interested in International Development, Product Development, Fundraising, Non-Profit Management, Digital Marketing or a related field (Master’s preferred);
- Strong research, subject matter, and critical thinking skills; familiarity with using data to research and cultivate different donor demographics;
- be inquisitive; proactive; a self-starter;
- Academic background/knowledge of Latin American economic development, business, etc.;
- Strong writing/editing skills; strong document preparation, e.g. drafting and preparing documents, reports, PowerPoint presentations, letters, briefs, and informational packets;
- Must have strong organizational skills; be inquisitive; proactive; a self-starter;
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a similar CRM database;
- Experience working in an office environment;
- Ready to learn, take guidance, support project development, and administration, and manage deadlines;
- A passion to empower women;
Terms and Conditions:
- This is an unpaid internship opportunity;
- School credit can be arranged with the candidate’s educational institution to support the fulfillment of academic credit and/or requirements;
- A minimum of 20 hours per week is required, and must be committed to the full semester (or term);
- Pro Mujer also offers the opportunity to arrange a year-round internship, if interested.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter that outlines your interest for the internship, and the semester(s) you are applying for to HR@promujer.org with the subject line to read: Relationship Management Internship.