Position Title: Financial Services Operations Director
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Operations Director in countries (Mexico, Argentina, Nicaragua, Peru, Bolivia)
Location: Mexico, Peru, Bolivia or Argentina
Application Deadline: September 25, 2018
We are looking for an experienced Financial Services Operations Director to ensure the efficient, adequate and timely operational support to financial products and services provided by Pro Mujer to customers in all countries where it operates; according to the internal policies and regulatory standards of each country. He/she must be an influencer, a driver that will get things moving along to plan and get processes done in short timeframes. The nature of the role requires someone who is motivated by driving process improvements, solving issues and is extremely comfortable with ambiguity, working in a complex environment.
- Create, organize, lead and control the execution of the Operating Plan in order to meet the objectives and goals assigned.
- Design, execute and supervise the execution of the operating plan for the Financial Services Division.
- Supervise the preparation of the expenses and revenue projections for the credit operations.
- Design the operating strategy for Pro Mujer’s financial services division in the countries where it operates, and support expansions and/or reduction plans as needed.
- Design, review and implement processes to enhance the efficient operation of financial services globally.
- Evaluate the current operating plans and propose improvements that will automate manual processes to improve the quality of customer service in all countries.
- Proactively work with the compliance team to ensure that all standards required by regulatory entities are met.
- Supervise the preparation of expense projections for credit operations under direct administration.
- Perform actions related to the Integral Risk Management process; define levels of risk tolerance and ensure operations stay within target.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience; Project Management Certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience, 5 years working in microfinance operations with proven experience working in an international and multicultural organization in management level positions.
- Seasoned project manager with the capacity to establish priorities allocate resources and ability to make quick and hard decisions regarding complex processes;
- Must be comfortable with leading, planning and managing multiple complex processes simultaneously;
- Experience with budget management and financial forecasting;
- Ability to multi-task, proactively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Critical thinker and problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity and working in a rapidly changing environment;
- An open-minded, professional that works with integrity, respect, generosity, resilience, assertiveness, accountability, humility, audacity, creativity, leadership and humor;
- A result-oriented working style and strong analytical and conceptual skills; understanding of data manipulation & agile development.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal skills that appeal successfully to a variety of constituencies;
- Flexible and open to new approaches and/or changes in priorities.
- A strong understanding of digital platforms & technology is essential.
- A desire to improve the quality of life of women from impoverished communities in Latin America.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Indispensable English and Spanish fluency
To apply, please submit to HR@PROMUJER.org your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, salary expectations and the name of the site where you heard about the position. Any applications sent directly to Pro Mujer staff will NOT be considered.